Skip to main content

Magic Potion

BeforeAfter

Magic Potion ✨ 

Have you ever wondered why prickly plants grow magnificently in deserts? Why tulips sprout superbly during winters? Why Amazon rainforest is so dense and wealthy in verdure? Straightforward response to these inquiries is on the grounds that they live in their natural habitat. They feed naturally, they grow organically and they bloom to the fullest extracting all the essential nutrients and micronutrients from their root source.

We, gardeners are fascinated by the process of growth and care of our plants.  We dig, extract and collect all relevant information related to the plant in concern. Later, we apply our learnings at our work station. It could be my small balcony, or other’s terrace garden, kitchen garden or huge parks. We artificially create environment which is best for their healthy growth. The next obvious concern is about the kind of food they require. It depends upon the gardener’s preferences. Some feed their plants with chemicals, others choose organic resources, while few prefer to maintain a balance between organic and chemical fertilizers.

As a new learner, all I want is, my plants should live and grow healthily. Hence, I personally practice the third option.  And trust me, if you are passionate for gardening, there is so much to learn from your self-created green laboratory. In the last two blogs, I mentioned about solid and liquid fertilizers, that I feed my plants regularly. And I am very satisfied with the growth of my outdoor and indoor plants. The awesome part of organic fertilizer is that, in case we overfeed our plants, it does not harm them.  Today’s blog is dedicated to explain about liquid as well as solid organic fertilizers, their benefits and duration of application in the month of March and April.
                                
Before
After

I.) SOLID ORGANIC FERTILIZER 

1.) Solid organic fertilizer contains few essential elements.

 2.) The all-purpose mixture, that I use for my plants, contains 50 % vermicompost or old cow dung compost, 20% Neem cake powder, 20% bone meal, 10% rice husk, 5-8 grains of superphosphate and half tea spoon full of any fungicide powder.

3.) Remove three-four inches of soil from the pot before adding the mixture.

 4.) Add two to three handful of it in 8-10 inches pot.

5.) After adding the mixture till the soil and water it thoroughly.

6.) Use the solid fertilizer once in a month.

7.) Provide five to six hours morning sunlight.

8.) Do not over water or under water the plant.

9.) Water it whenever you observe dryness on the upper layer of soil.

II.)  LIQUID ORGANIC FERTILIZER

1.) Liquid fertilizer contains mustard cake powder (100 gm), neem cake powder (200            gms), orange peels (200 gms), used and dried tea leaves (100 gms; make sure it is                washed thoroughly), banana peels (200 gms), jaggery water solution (200 ml).

2.) Add one liter water in the mixture.

3.) Keep the solution for ten days and stir it every day.

4.) After ten days treat your plants with the diluted solution.

5.) Add 50 ml solution in every 1 liter water.

6.) Apply it fortnightly.

7.) It is a magical potion which will promote an over all development of your vegetation.

8.) This liquid fertilizer is an excellent potion for all the flowering plants.

9.) I would reiterate the fact that these fertilizers can never harm the plants.

10.) They will not deplete the soil’s acidic or alkaline nature. Rather they will help them maintain it.


After
Before

Keeping the blog short and crisp, I would like to wish all the new gardeners happy toiling in your green space. I sincerely wish that you all benefit from my learnings and share your experiences in the comment box. Before concluding, I want to say, that these magical potions are given to me by my very dear friend, who has inspired me to have my own green corner.

          So keep learning, keep sharing.
          Go green, stay safe.
          I will come soon with another interesting learning.
          Happy reading!!!       

 

Comments

  1. I am seeing you grow like these beautiful greens. That's the magical potion I'd like to consume. All the best for this magical and healthy endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing/explaining way is awesome.
    I don't know English. After that I understand everything about fertilizer.

    Many thanks for sharing your experience & knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thank you so much for reading my post. These words of appreciation means alot.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

                                                                  All about Jasmine or Mogra The time is tough and tragic. For a long time, I debated whether to write or not, as there is immense suffering around us. Not a single day has gone when there hasn’t been a desperate cry for lack of oxygen, oxygen cylinders, icu beds and other medical requirements. I sincerely pray that we all come out of this difficult time without losing our loved ones. My heartfelt condolences to the families who have lost their family members in this pandemic. I really have to push myself to write this post, as one of my close friends who is passionate about planting, has insisted to write about jasmine. Henceforth taking a deep breath I now move on to give some relevant information about the plant in concern.     As summer 2021 ap...
Nursery visit: Things to take care This was my fifth nursery visit. I explored two new nurseries in my neighbourhood. With the mercury rising up, it became difficult to go in the second half, so we decided to go in the morning around 8. I have to confess that plants have incredible hypnotic abilities. When you are with them, you forget about everything and enjoy the moment. That’s, at least, in my case. I will not stray too far from the subject and will get right to the point. The purpose of today’s post is to make my readers aware about few important tips to keep in mind while visiting nurseries.     Before picking your favourites take a complete overview of the nursery. It should be clean and well kept, also the plants should reflect healthy growth. You must give a good glance to all of the plants in the nursery Since we are approaching scorching summer, so ignore buying winter flowering plants such as Geranium, Petunia and Godetia. Undoubtedly, they are blooming profuse...